Month: September 2014
Since I’m doing these in random order, I took the current queue and ran it through https://www.random.org/lists/.
I’ll be completing my batch of Copic commissions in the following order:
- Sovrim Terraquian
- Your Xmas Dragon (@Dragonheadthing)
If you requested a paid slot and didn’t tip, I’ll be contacting you separately ahead of your entry in the queue. Thank you again for requesting art from me!
Over the past few months, I’ve been creating one free Copic illustration a day for people who follow me on Twitter. After creating over 80 illustrations, I’d say this has worked pretty well so far! So well, in fact, that I want to make this a formal campaign: complete with themes, donations, and incentives.
After experimenting a bit with Patreon, the results led me to believe that recurring payments are a bit much for people, especially when they might just want something small without a commitment attached to it. Instead, I decided to take a leaf from Djinni’s (Tod Wills’) Icon Days and open up my very own block of requests, to allow people to comfortably contribute within their means.
Everyone replying here will receive some lovely art. Please read this full post. It won’t take too much of your time!
What you’ll get
- Each person replying to this thread will receive one Copic portrait illustration entirely for free, distributed digitally.
- Everyone who tips $5 or more will receive one additional Copic portrait illustration, distributed digitally.
- Everyone who tips $20 or more will also receive one additional Copic full body illustration, distributed digitally.
That’s a total of three lovely color illustrations if you tip $20 or more! These numbers are fair for the cost of materials and the amount of time these take me.
- Requests will be open until Sunday at 9AM United States Pacific Standard Time. (If I get completely flooded, there is a soft cap of 100 slots in this current batch. I may take more.)
- Requests will be completed at a rate of approximately one a day, posted to social media at the time of their completion. I will also reply to your thread here with a scanned copy for your personal use.
- Illustrations can be of the same or different characters (up to a maximum of three, if you tipped $20 or more).
- Props for your character (including silly hats, Hawaiian shirts, monocles, and whatnot) are allowed. Please give a brief description of what you’d like drawn if you request these! References are also welcome.
- Your illustrations will be constrained to a single side of an A5 sheet of sketch paper.
- Commissions will be completed in pseudorandom order. This is to allow anyone a shot at an early commission, without putting strain on people in non-US timezones.
- To reduce confusion, please request only your own characters. If you want a batch of interlinked illustrations (say, to signify a relationship), please have each person ask for their own character separately. These may be batched together within reason.
- Please only request illustrations of characters you own. DO NOT request illustrations of copyrighted works or other things that could get me in trouble. By requesting here, you assert that you claim ownership over the characters and references that you send me for purposes of making art for you.
- Please provide reference images and one or more themes you would like for your illustrations. As before, these can be the same or different for each illustration that I do for you.
- All illustrations and themes must be PG. Please keep your references PG as well, because I might want to stream these or show them informally to other people. If you want PG13 or adult work, ask me privately and it’ll go onto a separate commission queue.
- All illustrations I create here will be posted publicly to social media, primarily on my account on Twitter. If you’re not comfortable with this, please contact me privately for a separate commission.
- Limit one A5 sheet of illustrations per person. You are on the honor system here. Please do not sock puppet or use alternate accounts to request multiple slots, as these will deprive other people of timely access to their requests. If you’d like more than one illustration, please contact me privately here or on Twitter so I can schedule a commission just for you!
- I will be maintaining a separate account just for these commissions. If I become aware that I cannot complete your request for any reason, your tip will be refunded in full. I will even pay the PayPal transfer fees.
- All public images I release here will be covered generally under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license. However, the recipients of each request may do whatever they please with their own illustrations. Just please give credit where credit is due. 🙂
- These illustrations will be produced on a best-effort basis. Refunds after a work is completed are not guaranteed, but may be provided if you are not completely satisfied. Please read PayPal’s terms of service and summary of changes, including those effective November 18th, for a summary of your rights if you choose to tip and aren’t completely satisfied.
- I may allow small changes to illustrations for you within one week of their completion. Please let me know. But, do understand that I also have a day job that may prevent these changes from being immediate. Do keep them reasonable!
Please reply to this post, filling out the following fields in your response:
- What character or characters would you like me to draw for you? Which should be portraits? Full body?
- What references do you have for these characters? (Please provide at least one image reference per character. Text references are difficult to get right!)
- What theme or themes should I try to follow when drawing your characters?
- Did you tip? Give me some details so I can verify it! (Letting me know who you are when you tip is usually fine. If you forgot to do so, just reply with the last four digits of the invoice ID or send it to me privately.)
- What name would you like to be credited as? (This will be used when I post your illustration to social media.)
If you desire to tip, here’s the shiny button! (It’s a generic PayPal donation link for now. I’ll sort that out eventually.)
And now that all of that’s out of the way…